Monday, March 23, 2009

Oh what a weekend !!

Just slowing down now and trying to get in tune with the weekdays, down from a great and very hectic and weekend. Here's what happened:

Saturday - Pari's Day!
Saturday started with a small lie-in in the morning. Glorious sunshine filtered in through the window and there was little we could do except bask in the luxurious warmth of the rays. I know... little luxuries... but you learn to appreciate them more now that you don't have them so often!

This obviously didn't last... 'cause we heard noises from Pari's room. Rekha and I exchanged a knowing look of the forthcoming impending danger... and then suddenly the sound of some padded feet running towards our room... "Whooosshhh... boooomm!!" opens our door and in its wake stands none other than the... Pari-monster!! Fully awake, completely recharged, armed with her dangerously disarming smile and her all-faithful soft doggie - "Beagle", tucked away untidily under one arm... she stood in the door-way.

We exchange menacing looks and I beckon her over... grab her and drag her under the covers to a full tickling free-for-all. Well... by all I mean just Pari and I, because Rekha made a run for it in the opposite direction... shouting "Breakfast, downstairs, 15 min!".

Anyway, after a bout of screaming, Pari and I get up, brush our teeth and get ready for her Kumon & Drama classes. Since I'm the designated weekend driver... I get to do the runs.


Back from the classes and we gobble our lunch quickly. What're we gonna do for the rest of the day? Some shopping therapy comes to mind. So, off we run to the McArthur Glen Designer Outlet at J28 on M1. Rekha goes off to do her shopping and Pari and I get to our business. Its fun shopping with her... the best part is when she asks questions... just love answering her questions. Its an amazing feeling... her brain's like a sponge and I'm feeding her information to store in it. Get a deeply satisfying feeling that I'm educating her in some certain way - after all, everything we teach her now will shape her life practically.


Anyway, Pari and I walk into Levi's and I get her to sit down on a bench and stay put. Right, picture this... I'm browsing through the shirts and suddenly there's a resounding 'scary' "Whoooooo.... hoooooooo..... " from where Pari was SUPPOSED to be sitting... only she isn't there anymore. She's hiding under all the clothes and trying to scare people walking past ! Its really funny, cause people browsing the shirts, suddenly find themselves staring at a small child grinning up at them from between the clothes ! How awesome is that !?!


In-between, Rekha pops her head in to make sure we're not scandalising the poor staff. Seeing everybody still walking about, she's reassured of this and walks away knowingly... she'll be back !


After we'd completely traumatised the poor staff at Levi's, we ran away with Pari's slung over my left shoulder and squealing with laughter. Rekha got some doughnuts for us and we sit at a nice table in the sun to polish them off.


Next, we walk into FCUK for Madhur's present (it was his birthday on Sunday). I liked a nice navy shirt with thin green & brown checks. Looked classy, so we decided to pick it up. Later, we walked into GAME to check out the latest PS3 (for me!) and Nintendo DS (for Pari!) games. Obviously, we don't buy... I've still got 11 games which I've yet to even OPENED ! Buying another would certainly guarantee being hunted down by a knife wielding Rekha.


Back home, we called in a couple of pizzas from Dominos (oh, that reminds me... tried their Double Decadence Piri Piri Chicken Pizza... fantastic !) and settled in to watch a movie on cable TV.


Sunday - Madhur's Birthday
Sunday was Madhur's 22nd birthday.
Seemed like a reasonably good day. Rekha looked up some movies at Cineworld and we decided to give Madhur a surprise. Spoke to Ankit/Anjali and we decided to go to Sheffield for a movie - "Aaloo Chaat". Picked them up from their house in the evening and off we went to Sheffield... after making some nice sandwiches to eat on the way :). What good is an outing without food, I ask? Trust Ankit to meticulously make each sandwich a special piece of art. Yo bro... between you and Angie, you've got sandwiches and gujju food covered all proper !


Reached Sheffield and got Madhur a special private screening of the movie... can you imagine that... we got the whole movie hall for ourselves !! Yippee... had a ball... Pari went berserk all throughout the movie... finally running herself out, she crawled into my lap and fell asleep... my poor baby !


The movie was a blast itself... some really classic punchlines. Almost doubled over with pain on a few occasions ! Good acting all around and great scriptwriting, even though I say so myself ;p!


Reached home precisely at 12:01 am! Got the cake out with the candle etc and sang Madhur a happy birthday song! Plastered his face with chocolate... dropped Ankit/Anjali home, crawled into bed at almost 2am... gawd... tomorrow's Monday! Ewww...


A great ending to a great weekend. Laters gang... will keep you posted.

No comments: